IndieXchange® Summit 2015
: Thursday, October 22, 9 AM - 6:30 PM
: Veterans Memorial Center, 4117 Overland Blvd, Culver City
The IndieXchange Summit is comprised of:
- Master Classes, Clinics, Panels, and Bootcamps
- Meet with other Indie Developers, Publishers, and Tool Vendors
- Networking, Meetings, and Camaraderie with other Indie Developers
All developers who submitted games to the Festival and RSVP'd by August 15th receive two individual passes to the one-day IndieXchange Summit. Four-day IndieCade All-Access Pass holders are also welcome to participate.
Master Classes, Clinics, Panels, and Bootcamps
IndieXchange sessions are curated to present the knowledge you need to improve your craft and become a better developer. Past sessions have included topics such as:
- developing successful team management strategies
- getting the most out of rapid development
- fundraising for your production
- starting a business
- getting noticed
- promoting your game
- diversity and legal issues
Past sessions have included talks from top platform holders like Sony and Nintendo about how to distribute your games on their platforms, as well as talks from top engine companies like Unity and Unreal about how to make the best use of their tools.
Meet with other Indie Developers, Publishers, and Tool Vendors
The goal of IndieXChange is to facilitate a full day of networking opportunities between independent developers and publishers. IndieXChange is held all day on Thursday, off-site from the main festival at the Veteran’s Memorial Center.
Most IndieXchange attendees are developers who submitted games to IndieCade. Beside meeting with your peers, you will have opportunities to connect with publishers, institutions interested in funding or publishing games, and potential project collaborators. IndieXchange participants include:
- platform holders like PlayStation, Nintendo, and Microsoft
- publishers of various sizes
- government agencies like the National Endowment for the Arts
IndieXChange has an area where various tool-makers are available throughout the day to meet with developers, demonstrate their tools, and answer questions.
Gametasting: Show your game to both Peers and Publishers
Throughout the day, the IndieXchange will be hosting GameTasting, an opportunity for you to sign up and show off your game to other developers and potential publishers. More information about registration for GameTasting will be posted soon.
IndieXchange Summit 2015
Veteran's Memorial Center
4117 Overland Ave
Culver City, CA 90230
Visitor parking on site. Metered street parking. Neighborhood parking with restrictions.
405 Fwy, Exit Culver Blvd. East on Culver Blvd. Make right into the Veteran's Memorial Center at Overland Ave.
10 Fwy Exit Robertson Blvd. West on Venice to Overland Ave. South on Overland Ave. Center at Overland Ave. and Culver Blvd.
More about the IndieXchange
- When is IndieXchange?
- IndieXchange is held Thursday, October 22, 2015, the day before the IndieCade Festival begins.
- Why would I want to attend?
- IndieXchange provides a full day designed specifically for independent developers. Build your skills, lay groundwork to further your career, meet your peers, and learn from industry experts.
- What kind of programming can I expect?
- Practical and developer-focused:
- workshops, panels, roundtables
- bootcamps, expert Q&A’s and master classes
- networking opportunities with publishers and many others interested in independent games
- an unequaled opportunity to meet and network with other independent developers - find your next collaborator, connect with the person who will publish your next game, expand your professional life
- Who is eligible for IndieXchange?
- All developers who submit a game to IndieCade and RSVP by August 15th may send up to two team members to IndieXchange. Attendance is also included in the All-Access Pass (see registration pages for more information).
- What is the GameTasting and how can I participate?
- IndieXchange hosts the GameTasting exhibit all day Thursday, October 22nd. GameTasting is a rotating, show & tell style installation of independent games. This is a great opportunity to share and playtest your game with an audience of your peers and potential business partners, and to see what your peers are working on. A small selection of games will be featured in The Spotlight during the closing reception. Signup information coming soon.
Got more questions? Ask ‘em here.