: Thursday, October 13
: University of Southern California, IMD Complex
- What is GameTasting?
- GameTasting is a show-and-tell style event held all day, Thursday October 13th, during IndieXchange.
- Um...ooookaaaay. Why would I want people to taste my game?
- This is a great opportunity to playtest your game and gather valuable feedback about your project from your peers. Read all the details below in the Rules section of this page, and apply HERE for your spot! Hurry, it fills fast!
- What happens during GameTasting?
- GameTasting participants can share their game with other developers, publishers and the media. Forty-five 2-hour slots are available. Up to 15 projects will be selected for The Spotlight, to be featured during the evening reception. So if you win, you get to show twice!
Got more questions? Ask ‘em here.
- IndieCade Award Festival Nominees are ineligible for GameTasting.
To apply for a slot in GameTasting, please follow the directions below.
- Should you be accepted into the Festival *after* getting into GameTasting, you will be asked to gracefully step aside for the next GameTasting wait-listee. We thank you in advance for being a good sport.
The Jeremy Gibson Bond Memorial Rule:
- If an accepted participant is not checked in with the Coordinator when their time slot starts, they forfeit their slot to a wait listed participant.
- You may join the Official Wait List at any time, including the day of GameTasting. Please sign up HERE.
- Gametasting is not a walk-on event. Participants must sign up in advance.
“Life is hard, get the easy stuff right.”
- You must have a playable build. Works-in-progress are OK.
- SUBMIT your game no later than 6pm PST, 8/22/16
- Along with your application, be prepared to submit:
- a video at least 1 minute long
- screenshots and a short description
- any required supplemental materials to best demonstrate the awesomeness of your game
- If you do not understand the directions, write Kelly Divine for clarification.
OK, I applied! Now what?
If you are accepted:
- Acceptance emails go out 9/02/16. These contain information about what to do next.
- Respond to your acceptance email as soon as possible.
- You have 1 week to accept.
- Acceptance will expire at 6 pm PST, 9/09/16.
- There are other gamemakers who want your time slot!
If you are not accepted:
- You could already be on the waiting list. A group email will go out to wait listees on 9/12/16.
- Don’t be discouraged, you can apply again next year!