You’re the Private Investigator on a string of grisly murders, scouring for clues in a 3D side-scrolling world. Grab your fedora and revolver - in Hot Tin Roof you’re on the case! Dive into a noir mystery and become Emma Jones, the only PI partnered to a cat named Franky.
- Noir as heck.
- Metroidvania meets Adventure Game in a side-scrolling 3D world, with tons of platforming and exploration
- 4 distinct plot threads, with 15 different resolutions.
- Instead of acquiring abilities, you find new revolver rounds, which you load into your revolver yourself. - Combine them in unique ways!
- Scour the world for clues! Use them in conversations to unlock secrets, solve murders and more.
- Cats. More cats than you could shake a cat at. Also, pigeons and rats. Many wearing tiny hats.
- Spiffy chip noir jazz soundtrack.
It’s a dog eat dog world out there, but luckily? A cat has your back. Franky. The cat that wore a fedora.
Glass Bottom Games is a virtual studio, with all its members working out of home offices. We're a diverse group, and we all met over the course of working on previous projects together (both LEGO Universe, and later Jones On Fire). We're a little punk, very indie, and aim to make a living through making kickass art.
Hot Tin Roof explores gender themes overtop a hard-boiled 1920's world. It inverts tropes as well as gameplay mechanics (such as a gun that can't be used to kill anyone) in the service of such, and generally tries to be a subversively queer Metroidvania game. It also has talking cats and rats and pigeons who wear tiny hats, and generally aims for subtle, pervasive humor with an edge.