Alumni Dispatch #1: Calling all alumni!
Hello past and present IndieCade Speakers, Game Makers, Jurors and Organizers!
Each year, for more than a decade, IndieCade has been bringing together people from around the world. As a new initiative, we’re looking to better connect people who have been part of the festival, yourself included.
Here’s what we’re putting together so far:
• Join the Alumni channel of IndieCade’s Discord! We’re creating a n alumni-only space on our Discord server. In addition to being a place online to meet or occasionally catch up with other alumni, it’s also a way for current and future IndieCade staff to seek alumni input, feedback, or involvement. See the email you received about this post for the invite link. If you didn’t receive an email, you can fill out the alumni signup form indicating you’ll need a Discord invite.
• Keep up with the alumni dispatches via Discord, or check out new postings on https://www.indiecade.com/alumni-dispatches/. Each dispatch will include updates, opportunities, and other information created or curated specially for IndieCade alumni. Because this is the first dispatch, we sent an email to put it on your radar. However, to receive a heads up of future editions you’ll need to join the Discord using the link from your email and/or by filling out the Alumni signup form. Each time a new edition is posted the way we’ll communicate that is with an “@everyone” tag in the Alumni channel of IndieCade’s Discord.
• We’re interviewing alumni, about both your IndieCade memories as well as what you’ve been up to outside of IndieCade. We’d be happy simply inform us you’d like to do it, and we’ll figure out the logistics! It can be done remotely, or even by email if you prefer. The next edition of this dispatch will include an all-new interview with Jason Roberts of Gorogoa. As one last reminder, join the Alumni channel on IndieCade’s discord to receive a notification about the next dispatch 🙂
• We have a new Alumni Corner feature in the main IndieCade newsletter. It’s a place to spotlight alumni (your!) new releases, career achievements, upcoming talks, or major life news. If you’d like to participate in this, perhaps to promote an upcoming KickStarter, podcast appearance, or share personal milestones, email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!
• We’ll create a special area, and potentially an off-site event, at our next festival to help alumni network. We’ll be showing games from previous years, along with other surprises.
Thanks for your involvement in IndieCade, and we’re excited to hear from you.
IndieCade Alumni Chair, formerly Volunteer (2007), Finalist (2010), EU Workshops Co-Chair (2016), and LA GameU Co-Chair (2014-2018) 😀
P.S. One of the exciting things we’d love to do, but need your help to execute, is to hold alumni meetups in major cities throughout the year, helping IndieCade alumni in other cities meet and catch up outside the festivals. If you’re open to scoping out a suitable local venue and timing, we can assist with finding and contacting other alumni in your region to the event, provide various branding support, and other assistance. If you’d like to make this happen in your area, either as a one time host or an ongoing way to stay involved, email email@example.com letting us know the city you’d want to host in!