Alumni Dispatch #2: 2020 is off to a great start!
What an incredible first year we’ve had for our new IndieCade Alumni initiative.
- Opened an online store for alumni games at https://indiecade.chrono.gg/ – with more titles being added soon!
- Held a successful regional meetup, led by Tim Cullings, in the Pacific Northwest
- Began our new southern alumni annex events, which started this month, led by Tyler Coleman in Austin, revitalizing a format first instigated in 2013 by alumni Robin Arnott and Davey Wreden, and their Demogarden
- Organized and cleaned up records of the nearly 1,500 games ever shown at IndieCade, so we can better follow your story as it evolves
- Interviewed dozens of alumni we’re featuring
- Organized several networking and knowledge sharing sessions at our 2019 Festival, led by and designed for alumni (including an after-awards event, made possible by the generous sponsorship of an alum!)
- Had an official alumni booth at this year’s Festival, where visiting friends caught up and made new connections
- Began sharing alumni stories to our various official social media channels, spotlighting and celebrating your recent releases, and amplifying your coverage
- Brought together over 150 alumni into our online community as another way to stay in touch
- Featured alumni news in a new Alumni Corner section of the IndieCade newsletters
- Published our first alumni dispatches… including this one! If you missed the first one, you can read it at https://www.indiecade.com/alumni-dispatch-1-calling-all-alumni/
We’ve had IndieCade alumni earning Game of the Year recognition, releasing games on Switch, PS4, and Quest, publishing their books, making it into the latest Forbes 30 Under 30 list, and more. Did you know that more than 1 in 4 of the Apple Arcade games are made by IndieCade alumni? We put together a list, check them out at http://www.indiecade.com/successes/
Through your involvement with IndieCade, you are a part of a powerful and expanding network of developers, speakers, organizers, curators and volunteers year-round. There’s a lot more we’re excited to do in 2020, and we’ll need your help to do it. Here are a few quick ways you can get more involved, benefit more through our network, and keep the alumni community thriving:
- If you haven’t yet gained access to our alumni section of the Discord, fill in the form at https://www.indiecade.com/alumni-signup/
- If there’s a specific part of the alumni initiative you want to help make happen, reach out to us at alumni@IndieCade.com
- Do you have a new release, recent coverage, awards, a conference talk you’re giving, or other updates to share with the network? Let us know at (same address) alumni@IndieCade.com
- Many more initiatives we’d love to do for alumni cost money to be done well. One of the best ways to help support the continued growth of this network and ongoing success of the Festival is by joining our new membership program, which even has Alumni-discounted tiers. Find out more and sign up at: http://www.indiecade.com/membership/
Thank you for being a part of IndieCade, and here’s two another great year!
IndieCade Alumni Chair