The IndieCade Community Discord
For over a decade, the IndieCade festival has brought us together to celebrate independent games and interactive experiences. For me personally, and for many others, my time spent at the festivals is a reinvigorating one, highlighting amazing experiences I might have missed, giving me a chance to talk show with a wide range of creators with different perspectives and from different backgrounds, and boosting my creative reserves!
The IndieCade Community Discord seeks to take those moments in time and extend them across the whole world, the whole year round! We’re building a space to share experiences, skills, and knowledge; to tell us about things you’re working on or things that inspire you; to connect with folks who love, think about, and create; and to grow and learn together!
Customizing Your Experience
In its basic state, the IndieCade Discord is a social hub. Just a few channels for day to day chats and sharing things. But the discord is designed to open up based on your interests, through our opt-in #choose-your-roles channel.
The Marketplace of Ideas is a collection of channels you unlock by opting-in to your interests. These are places to talk shop, ask questions, and share interesting resources, around the topics of Art, Programming, Design, Audio, Composition, Voice Acting, Writing, Production, and Streaming.
We also have a number of Activities groups as well!
– Join our ‘Book’ Club, where we look at a different game every month and talk about the experience we had.
– Or, our Actual Book Club, where we read and talk about a different games-related book each month!
– Down to Jam? Join the Game Jam Fam to get updates on upcoming game jams, form teams, and show off the things you built!
– Opt-in for Networking & Hangouts for regular meetups, happy hours, and to discuss collaboration and job leads
– Our Playable Theatre community has its own discord, but you can keep up to date on upcoming shows and events right here on the IndieCade server.
– Want to play multiplayer experiences with other games-folk? Join our Play Together group, and grab some people for a pickup game; or join one of our scheduled play nights!
We’ll be looking to spin off new channels and activities based on the needs of the community. Interested in running something? Reach out and let’s talk!
How Can I Use This Space?
The IndieCade Community Discord is a welcome space for creators and lovers of interactive experiences. Want to playtest something you’re working on? Looking for feedback on art or music? Want to share a thing you created, a great talk you saw, a book you read, or a study you’re running? This is the space for all that and more. Whether you’ve been building experiences for decades, are just dipping your toes in the waters, or just love to play, you are welcome here!
How to Join and Participate
- Follow the link to be redirected to our Discord server: www.indiecade.com/discord.
- On the #important channel, review our Code of Conduct and acknowledge your agreement to the terms by clicking the green checkmark react at the bottom.
- On the #choose-your-roles channel, select your pronouns, topics of interest, and activities of interest by clicking the corresponding react icons. The selected topics and activities will customize your server experience and can be changed at any time.