You’re the Private Investigator on a string of grisly murders, scouring for clues in a 3D side-scrolling world. Grab your fedora and revolver - in Hot Tin Roof you’re on the case! Dive into a noir mystery and become Emma Jones, the only PI partnered to a cat named Franky.
- Noir as heck.
- Metroidvania meets Adventure Game in a side-scrolling 3D world, with tons of platforming and exploration
- 4 distinct plot threads, with 15 different resolutions.
- Instead of acquiring abilities, you find new revolver rounds, which you load into your revolver yourself. - Combine them in unique ways!
- Scour the world for clues! Use them in conversations to unlock secrets, solve murders and more.
- Cats. More cats than you could shake a cat at. Also, pigeons and rats. Many wearing tiny hats.
- Spiffy chip noir jazz soundtrack.
It’s a dog eat dog world out there, but luckily? A cat has your back. Franky. The cat that wore a fedora.
Hot Tin Roof explores gender themes overtop a hard-boiled 1920's world. It inverts tropes as well as gameplay mechanics (such as a gun that can't be used to kill anyone) in the service of such, and generally tries to be a subversively queer Metroidvania game. It also has talking cats and rats and pigeons who wear tiny hats, and generally aims for subtle, pervasive humor with an edge.
Glass Bottom Games is a virtual studio, with all its members working out of home offices. We're a diverse group, and we all met over the course of working on previous projects together (both LEGO Universe, and later Jones On Fire). We're a little punk, very indie, and aim to make a living through making kickass art.