InnerSpace is an exploration flying game set in a world where physics are inverted. Take the role of an unnamed Cartographer to explore the Inverse, a collection of inside-out planets where the Ancients once lived. Collect relics, and encounter each world's mythical demigod, in a quest to discover the secrets of the Inverse.
InnerSpace takes place in a series of inverted planets, where the cores of each are hollow, gravity is reversed, and the ground extends outward in all directions. In this space, players act as cartographer, archivist, and archaeologist, and are tasked with exploring the decaying worlds around them. These worlds cannot be saved, only the knowledge of them and their people’s existence is yours to preserve.
Taking stylistic cues from Impressionist paintings, and using the constraints of a small team size to inspire more creative development approaches, InnerSpace attempts to make beautiful the bones of dying worlds, and is best enjoyed on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
Key design goals:
- Discover the Inverse - InnerSpace is a game about exploration, about player-driven moments both small and grandiose. Take your time, soar through the skies and dive through the oceans, and the secrets of The Inverse will reveal themselves.
- Relics of the Ancients - Scattered among the ruins are priceless relics that reveal key information about the civilizations that once were, as well as provide technological upgrades to your airframe.
- Mimicking Reality with Stylization - The ambience and sound effects used in the game were developed to give an impression of naturalism, but are comprised of synthetic sounds and electronic instruments.
- Colossal Mystery - You are not alone. Discover the giant demigods who now rule this realm. Only by uncovering their secrets will you learn the truth of the Inverse.
- The Art of Flight- Featuring a soothing art style and electronic musical score, InnerSpace delivers a thoughtful, provocative flying experience unlike any other.
Tyler Tomaseski – Creative Director, Technical Director, Programmer
Eric Brodie - Producer, Marketing
Eric Grossman - Design Director, Concept Artist
Steve Zapata - Art Director, 3D Lead
Chris Miller - Sound Director, Composer, Foley Artist