We are pleased to announce that Horizons is premiering three new annual awards in the games education landscape, one for teaching, service, and innovation.
Horizons is designed to support, highlight, and enhance the work done across games education––for students, professors, researchers, educators, and administrators. Educators and schools are the foundation that supports student growth and flourishing. Horizons wants to recognize this crucial role and highlight the importance of educators in the games ecosystem.
- Teaching: This award is for an individual who has made an important impact in their work as a teacher and educator.
- Service: This award is for an individual who has made important and impactful contributions to the field through service.
- Innovation: This award is for any individual with an innovative approach, conducting innovative research, and/or fostering innovation in others.
- Nominations open now and due by April 9th.
- Recipients will be awarded during the live stream of the Horizons showcase on June 4th.
Eligibility and Nomination Process
- Any and all game educators working in higher education are eligible. They do not need to be affiliated with an institution participating in Horizons. They do not need to be working at an institution of higher education; however, they must be working within the field of games and higher education.
- Self-nominations are welcome.