The IndieCade Foundation
The IndieCade Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides year-round creative and financial support for the development of artistic, experimental, and socially meaningful games free from commercial pressures. Through its programs, the IndieCade Foundation is dedicated to discovering, supporting, and inspiring independent game developers from the United States and around the world, and to introducing audiences to their new work.
Now in its 7th year of operation, IndieCade has become one of the world’s most trusted organizations dedicated to the discovery, development and recognition of independent game makers from around the world. IndieCade’s primary focus is hosting juried competitions, festivals and showcases such as IndieCade International Festival (Los Angeles) IndieCade East (New York) and IndieCade’s Annual Showcase at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3).
The IndieCade Foundation was founded in 2014 as a separate organization from IndieCade and is dedicated to providing creative and financial support specifically for non-commercial game development. The goal is to enact meaningful change by fostering game development free from commercial pressures.
- Encourage, promote and cultivate innovation and artistry in interactive media
- Create public and industry awareness of independent game developers
- Provide financial support and educational resources to help the indie game community thrive
- Heighten public perception of games as rich, diverse, artistic and culturally significant
- Encourage new areas of growth in the art of game creation, including diversity of creators, content, and genres
- Unite the indie game community and facilitate the production of new works within the emerging independent game movement
- Be a leading voice advocating on behalf of independent game developers to government and the games industry
- Enact meaningful change by fostering game development free from commercial pressures
- Awards grants, facilitates grant partnerships, and creates other opportunities and mechanisms for funding independent game creation and distribution.
- Supports the creative and professional development of independent game creators through educational, training and outreach programs, including conferences such as GameU and events such as GameJams and IndieXchange.
- Builds community through year-round digital outreach programs and events.
- Partners with educational institutions to cultivate emerging talent and support alternative and indie career paths.
- Works with government entities to help facilitate advancement of independent regional and local game industries.
About the IndieCade Foundation
The IndieCade Foundation is a California-based nonprofit organization, federal 501(c)(3) status pending.
- Why was The IndieCade Foundation created?
- The Foundation was created to help fund and promote non-commercial game development that has artistic and cultural merit.
- What is the relationship between IndieCade and The IndieCade Foundation?
- The IndieCade Foundation is an entirely separate 501(c)(3) organization focusing exclusively on supporting developers of non-commercial games. The goal is to enact meaningful change by fostering game development free from commercial pressures.
- How do I contribute to The IndieCade Foundation?
- The IndieCade Foundation gratefully accepts checks mailed to, 1081 Amoroso Place, Venice CA 90291
Visit the IndieCade site here