Statement of Values & Code of Conduct
By attending IndieCade events, you are agreeing to respect our Values and follow our Code of Conduct. If in our judgement an attendee is seen to have violated these rules, they may be warned, asked to leave, or banned from future IndieCade events.
Statement of Values
IndieCade was created to celebrate independent games and bring a diverse array of voices to a broader audience through international festivals, regional and online events. We believe gaming is for everyone. As a community, we are committed to cultivating a culture of respect, openness and engagement by maintaining a positive environment where all creators and players feel safe and welcomed. We all stand as allies in this endeavor. While you are part of our community, ask that you join us in creating this welcoming environment by observing the following code of conduct.
Code of Conduct
- Be nice to one another, even if we disagree.
- No form of harassment (insults, stalking, bullying, unwanted touching, etc) or discrimination (by gender, race, disability, etc) will be tolerated. We will refrain from any and all of the following:
- Verbal abuse
- Sexually explicit or derogatory language
- Offensive or sexual cartoons, illustrations or or visual materials
- Offensive gestures
- Remarks or derisive humor that can be considered homophobic, sexist, transphobic, racist, ableist, etc.
- Stalking or unwanted following
- If you experience or observe any of the aforementioned behavior, please do one of the following a) speak directly and privately with the individual if you feel safe doing so; bring an ally if needed, if not; b) ask for assistance in addressing the problem by DMing an IndieCade MOD, who will be clearly marked in all channels; c) If you prefer to submit your concern anonymously, please do so here.
- If we receive feedback you have engaged in any of the behaviors listed above, we ask that you listen to feedback and immediately cease the offensive behavior.
- If you have any criticism or concerns regarding any of the staff, panelists, vendors, or other non-attendee participants in IndieCade please do one of the following a) ask for assistance in addressing the problem by DMing an IndieCade MOD, who will be clearly marked in all channels; b) If you prefer to submit your concern anonymously, please do so here.
- In all cases, we ask that you do us the courtesy of informing us and allowing us to remedy the situation, so that we may continue to maintain a climate of safety.
- On Twitch chat, mods are identified by a green sword icon next to their name.
- On Discord, mods will be labelled “Moderator” above their name
- For most Zoom sessions, attendee chat will be disabled, messages to Zoom mods can be communicated through Discord or through the QA feature at the bottom of the Zoom window.